Welcome to ASFASMTN
Association of Self-Financing Arts, Science and Management colleges of Tamilnadu was started in the year 2003. The Association was started with the objective to bring together Arts, Science & Management colleges under one umbrella to protect and bring the problems & issues facing the self-finance colleges of ASFASMTN to the notice of various Government and related authorities. The associations has members from various college managements from all over Tamilnadu.
The association, with the driving forces of a democratic structure, voluntary participation, transparent function, apolitical character, and an unbiased attitude towards teacher-student welfare and academic pursuit is fulfilling the dreams of our forefathers with regard to education. The association is guided by the principles of secularism and the right to education for all. It envisages a holistic and secular education with protection of minority rights in education for the socially backward and economically weaker strata of the society. view more...
Education across all strata is the sole hope for progress of a Nation. On the contrary, according to a media report:
- Among the 1.2 billion populations, 44% comprises children
- India spends only 3.3% of its GDP on Education
- Due to Free and Compulsory Education Act, enrolment ratio in primary schools is high and the dropout rate is 50% for boys and 58% for girls
- 37% of secondary students fail and 11% drop out even before the exams
- The Gross Enrolment Ratio of higher education is very low